Thursday, May 23, 2013

Midnight Inspirations: Kerry Washington


Last night, I spent at least 3 hours watching videos about this phenomenal women... I wanted to know who she was, and what she stood for.  I have grown to respect her.. From my 3 hrs. Here's some reasons why

1. She's a smarty. She has a phd and she finished her undergraduate studies with honours, on scholarship and created a new type of minor by the time she graduated( paved a path) 

2. She's a hard worker. She BALANCED Her life. Between school and the requirements for her scholarship 

3. I watched one of her acceptance speeches and it was actually a speech not one of those "omg! I didn't think I'd get this award"

4. She has a terrible laugh. Just like me 😊

5. She is a leader. Even though she seemed super humble  but when she was with the scandal cast you could tell that she was the team captain.  And the biggest thing is she wasn't the oldest on set but she was still the path setter. 

After watching a gazillion videos, I learnt that 

1. Quirky laughs make other people laugh

2. I learnt that in life I am writing my own story and no one else's. I must learn to Live my way and not through anyone else

3. Leading is GOOD. I've always had a love hate with leading. Not really a big fan but Kerry proved to me that leaders are shakers and changers. They infect and affect everyone around them young and old. I want to be a shaker and therefore I must be ready to lead. 

4. Being prepared isn't a bad thing. It's better to be prepared than unprepared. She didn't settle for mediocrity by giving the usual lame excuse but she set a standard! :)

5. It's good to be smart. Forget about the rumors of the successful dropouts. If you actually look at THIER stories you would understand that they were highly intelligent dropouts some even smarter than THIER profs. 

To me Kerry Washington made it cool to have a phd. And to be a graduate with honours. Not a lot of people inspire the youth in that way anymore. I want my last few yrs in UNI to be all about the smarts and maybe one day when I'm super smart I can change the world in my own little way like Kerry did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants